Meaning of the name Adonis, analysis of the name Adonis and so much more… What does Adonis mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the menu below.
- Information About The Name Adonis
- Prononciation Of Adonis
- The Meaning Of The Name Adonis
- The Picture Of The Name Adonis
- Statistics Of The Name Adonis
- Numerology Of The Name Adonis
- Destination Number Of The Name Adonis
- Analysis Of The Name Adonis
- Adonis Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Adonis?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Adonis
- Adonis in Arabic Writing
- Adonis in Chinese Characters
- Adonis in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- Adonis in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Adonis in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Adonis
Gender of the name Adonis: Boy
Color of the name Adonis: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Adonis: Greek
Prononciation Of Adonis
Here is how to pronounce the name Adonis:
The Meaning Of The Name Adonis
Definition of Adonis: handsomeMeaning of Adonis: From the Semitic Adonai, which means “lord”. In Greek myth Adonis was a handsome young shepherd killed while hunting a wild boar. The anemone flower is said to have sprung from his blood. Because he was loved by Aphrodite, Zeus allowed him to be restored to life for part of each year. The Greeks borrowed this character from various Semitic traditions, hence the Semitic origins of the name.
The Picture Of The Name Adonis
Consider your name Adonis as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Adonis, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Statistics Of The Name Adonis
How many people in the U.S have the name Adonis: 2,931
Rank of the name Adonis in the U.S.: 5,549th
How many letters are in the name Adonis? 6
Below you can find the rankings of Adonis in different countries.
Numerology Of The Name Adonis
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Adonis contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Adonis
To calculate the destiny number of the name Adonis, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Adonis. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
a (1) + d (4) + o (6) + n (5) + i (9) + s (1) = => 2+6 = 8
Destiny Number: 8. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Adonis Destiny Analysis
Analysis Of The Name Adonis
Here is the analysis of the name Adonis.
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|D||You enjoy life and having fun. Actually you are addicted to them. Without fun you can not breath.|
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
|N||You have a great common sense and a higher ability in life. You see thing much before they happen.|
|İ||You are the most emotional person. Your heart can be easly broken and you are very sensitive.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
Adonis Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Adonis in details.
- Your first name of Adonis has created a deep, sensitive, refined nature with an intelligent mind and a keen appreciation of material values.
- There is always an aloofness and reserve that acts as a barrier and prevents any close ties.
- You enjoy all the finer things in life that a good standard of living allows.
- You work best in an independent capacity, where you are able to think problems out carefully before you act.
- You have good business judgment and would do well in a managerial position, as you have executive ability.
- Any weakness in health would show in the respiratory system or generative organs.
- Your sensitivity and reserve prevent people from coming close in friendship.
- You find it difficult to express your true feelings, whether it be affection, appreciation, or tenderness, which play such an important part in creating a close bond within the family.
- You live much within your own thoughts, and seek relaxation away from people, out in nature, where you can ease the tensions of your life.
Can I Name My Baby Adonis?
Yes you can name your baby Adonis!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Adonis
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Adonis and the definitions which contains the name Adonis or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Adonis: Adonis (/əˈdɒnɪs, əˈdoʊnɪs/; Greek: Ἄδωνις), in Greek mythology, is a Phoenician demi-god of beauty and desire, and is a central figure in various mystery religions.
Adonism: Adonism is a Neopagan religion founded in 1925 by the German esotericist Franz Sättler (1884-c.1942), who often went by the pseudonym of Dr.
Adonis (1874): The Adonis was a wooden brigantine that was built at Jervis Bay, New South Wales, in 1874. She was wrecked on 22 December 1889, approximately 15 miles (24 km) south of Crowdy Head, when she sprang a leak whilst carrying coal between Wollongong and the Richmond River.
Adonis García: Adonis García Arrieta (born December 4, 1985) is a Cuban professional baseball outfielder for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Adonis blue: The Adonis blue (Polyommatus bellargus) is a butterfly in the family Lycaenidae.It is found in the Palearctic ecozone Western Europe, Central Europe, South Europe, South Russia, Iraq, Iran, Caucasus, Transcaucasus, Turkey).
Adonis Jordan: Adonis Adelecino Jordan (born August 21, 1970) is an American former professional basketball player. An All-Big Eight guard who played collegiately at the University of Kansas, Jordan was the starting point guard during the school’s 1991 and 1993 Final Four appearances.
Adonis Terry: William H. “Adonis” Terry (August 7, 1864 – February 24, 1915) was an American Major League Baseball player whose career spanned from his debut with the Brooklyn Atlantics in 1884, to the Chicago Colts in 1897. In his 14 seasons, he compiled a 197-196 win–loss record, winning 20 or more games in a season four different times.
Adonis Stevenson: Stevenson Adonis (born 22 September 1977 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti) is a Haitian-born Canadian professional boxer, who inverts his family name and given name, boxing as Adonis Stevenson and using the nickname “Superman”.
Adonis Hilario: Adonis Hilario Vieria (born 1965 or 1966) is a retired Brazilian footballer who played as a striker and who played most of his career with Deportivo Saprissa of Costa Rica, during the 1980s and 1990s.
Adonis in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Adonis in Arabic letters.
Adonis in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Adonis in Chinese letters.
Adonis in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Adonis in Japanese letters.
Adonis in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Adonis in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Adonis in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Adonis in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Adonis meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…