Meaning of the name Calypso, analysis of the name Calypso and so much more… What does Calypso mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Calypso
- Prononciation Of Calypso
- The Meaning Of The Name Calypso
- Statistics Of The Name Calypso
- The Picture Of The Name Calypso
- Numerology Of The Name Calypso
- Destination Number Of The Name Calypso
- Analysis Of The Name Calypso
- Calypso Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Calypso?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Calypso
- Calypso in Arabic Writing
- Calypso in Chinese Characters
- Calypso in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Calypso in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Calypso
Gender of the name Calypso: Girl
Color of the name Calypso: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Calypso: Greek
Prononciation Of Calypso
Here is how to pronounce the name Calypso:
The Meaning Of The Name Calypso
Definition of Calypso: she who hidesMeaning of Calypso: From Greek Καλυψω (Kalypso) which probably meant “she that conceals”, derived from καλυπτω (kalypto) “to cover, to conceal”. In Greek myth this was the name of the nymph who fell in love with Odysseus after he was shipwrecked on her island of Ogygia. When he refused to stay with her she detained him for seven years until Zeus ordered her to release him.
Statistics Of The Name Calypso
How many people in the U.S have the name Calypso: 67
Rank of the name Calypso in the U.S.: 76,349th
How many letters are in the name Calypso? 7
The Picture Of The Name Calypso
Consider your name Calypso as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Calypso, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Calypso
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Calypso contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Calypso
To calculate the destiny number of the name Calypso, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Calypso. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
c (3) + a (1) + l (3) + y (7) + p (7) + s (1) + o (6) = => 2+8 = 10 => 1+0 = 1
Destiny Number: 1. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Calypso Destiny AnalysisYou learn early, quickly, and are avid readers. You know how to express yourself well in writing and orally. Given the slightest chance, you can be successfull in life.
Analysis Of The Name Calypso
Here is the analysis of the name Calypso.
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|L||You have the most talented personality. You can be talented in so many different areas like art, sports and education.|
|Y||You never forget the past. You have a very vindictive personality. Your vindictiveness can be a great advantage for you. Use it carefully!.|
|P||You have a great self-confidence in almost every environment and you know it. Self-confidence is extremely important for you. You use it to achieve your goals.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
Calypso Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Calypso in details.
- A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts.
- The insecurity you experience from limited verbal expression and social ease results in a jealous possessiveness and suffering through frustration, repressed emotion, and self-consciousness.
- Difficulty in expression results in your being too positive, blunt, and candid in speech.
- This name would cause tension affecting the eyes, teeth, sinuses, ears or throat troubles; there could also be sensitivity in the heart, lungs, and respiratory organs, and frequent headaches.
- Although you are easily offended by others, you do not show it.
- All the finer things of life and beauties of nature are an inspiration to you and you are attracted to the mysteries of nature.
- The average person would never realize the true depth of your nature.
- As Calypso you have a great love of nature and the out-of-doors, and could have a desire to be in an occupation which takes you outdoors and involves you with the products of the earth.
- You crave affection and understanding, but rarely find it as others do not understand you and accuse you of being cool and aloof.
Can I Name My Baby Calypso?
Yes you can name your baby Calypso!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Calypso
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Calypso and the definitions which contains the name Calypso or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Calypso music: Calypso is a style of Afro-Caribbean music that originated in Trinidad and Tobago during the early to mid 20th century.
Calypso: Calypso (mythology) is the name of one of the Nereids (sea nymphs) in Greek mythology, She is the daughter of Atlas – one of the twelve Titans.
Calypsonian: A calypsonian, originally known as the chantwell is a musician, from the anglophone Caribbean, who sings songs called calypso.
Calypso (mythology): Calypso (; , Kalypsō) was a nymph in Greek mythology, who lived on the island of Ogygia, where she detained Odysseus for several years.
Calypso (orchid): The Calypso orchid (Calypso bulbosa), also known as the fairy slipper or Venus’s slipper, is a perennial member of the orchid family found in undisturbed northern and montane forests.
Calypso Monarch: The Calypso Monarch (originally Calypso King) contest is one of the two major annual calypso competitions held in Trinidad as part of the annual carnival celebrations.
Calypso (comics): Calypso is a fictional villain in the Marvel Comics universe, who first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #209. She was created by Denny O’Neil and Alan Weiss.
Calypso (album): Calypso is the third studio album by recording artist Harry Belafonte, released by RCA Victor (LPM-1248) in 1956. The album became his second consecutive number-one album on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart, where it stayed for 11 consecutive weeks.
Calypso (moon): Calypso ( ; ) is a moon of Saturn. It was discovered in 1980, from ground-based observations, by Dan Pascu, P.
Calypso in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Calypso in Arabic letters.
Calypso in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Calypso in Chinese letters.
Calypso in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Calypso in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Calypso in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Calypso in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Calypso meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…