Meaning of the name Charles, analysis of the name Charles and so much more… What does Charles mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Charles
- Prononciation Of Charles
- The Meaning Of The Name Charles
- Statistics Of The Name Charles
- The Picture Of The Name Charles
- Numerology Of The Name Charles
- Destination Number Of The Name Charles
- Analysis Of The Name Charles
- Charles Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Charles?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Charles
- Charles in Arabic Writing
- Charles in Chinese Characters
- Charles in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Charles in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Charles
Gender of the name Charles: Boy
Color of the name Charles: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Charles: French
Prononciation Of Charles
Here is how to pronounce the name Charles:
The Meaning Of The Name Charles
Definition of Charles: free man, strongMeaning of Charles: From the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word which meant “man”. However, an alternative theory states that it is derived from the common Germanic element hari meaning “army, warrior”.The popularity of the name in continental Europe was due to the fame of Charles the Great (742-814), commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. It was subsequently borne by several Holy Roman Emperors, as well as kings of France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. The name did not become common in Britain until the 17th century when it was carried by the Stuart king Charles I. It had been introduced into the Stuart royal family by Mary Queen of Scots, who had been raised in France.Famous bearers of the name include naturalist Charles Darwin (1809-1882) who revolutionized biology with his theory of evolution, novelist Charles Dickens (1812-1870) who wrote such works as ‘Great Expectations’ and ‘A Tale of Two Cities’, French statesman Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970), and American cartoonist Charles Schulz (1922-2000), the creator of the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip.
Statistics Of The Name Charles
How many people in the U.S have the name Charles: 2,196,911
Rank of the name Charles in the U.S.: 12th
How many letters are in the name Charles? 7
Below you can find the rankings of Charles in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Charles
Consider your name Charles as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Charles, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Charles
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Charles contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Charles
To calculate the destiny number of the name Charles, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Charles. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
c (3) + h (8) + a (1) + r (9) + l (3) + e (5) + s (1) = => 3+0 = 3
Destiny Number: 3. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Charles Destiny AnalysisIn spite of your quick temper, you are sincere, generous and very affectionate. You also possess a great sense of humor. You are social and you like people, involvement, and dedication to humanitarian causes. You seek out adventures, and at certain points in your life, you will be very rebellious. You must act out some of your ideals and lash out at the wrongs of society. You are so daring that you acquire many admirers. Those who disapprove of what you do still will secretly admire you for your actions.
Analysis Of The Name Charles
Here is the analysis of the name Charles.
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|H||You prefer an ordinary life. Beeing calm when things go wrong is your natural ability.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|R||You have always been an indecisive person and you will be in the future. You hardly even cann’t decide what to eat! Hesitation is the biggest part of your life.|
|L||You have the most talented personality. You can be talented in so many different areas like art, sports and education.|
|E||You have a very complicated emotional world. You can be sad and happy at the same time and never ever recognise it.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
Charles Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Charles in details.
- A tendency to overeat quick-energy foods aggravates any health problems.
- However, your natural interest in others, coupled with your sympathetic reaction to problems, could draw you into emotional situations which may be difficult to get out of.
- You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems.
- You enjoy making others happy and you never let your own problems “get you down” for any length of time, even though you do tend to worry too much at times.
- As Charles, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way.
- In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents.
- Health weakness would appear as skin conditions or ailments relative to the liver.
- You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times.
- In close personal relationships you are usually thoughtful and considerate.
- Your optimism can be a source of inspiration to others as well as yourself.
- Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem.
- Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you.
Can I Name My Baby Charles?
Yes you can name your baby Charles!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Charles
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Charles and the definitions which contains the name Charles or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Charleston, South Carolina: Charleston is the oldest and second-largest city in the southeastern State of South Carolina, the county seat of Charleston County, and the principal city in the Charleston–North Charleston–Summerville Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Charles I of England: Charles I (19 November 1600 – 30 January 1649) was monarch of the three kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Ireland from 27 March 1625 until his execution in 1649.
Charles II of England: Charles II (29 May 1630 – 6 February 1685) was monarch of the three kingdoms of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
Charles Dickens: Charles John Huffam Dickens (; 7 February 1812 – 9 June 1870) was an English writer and social critic.
Charles Darwin: Charles Robert Darwin, FRS (; 12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist and geologist, best known for his contributions to evolutionary theory.
Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor: Charles V (24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558) was ruler of the Holy Roman Empire from 1519 and, as Charles I, of the Spanish Empire from 1516 until his voluntary abdication in favor of his younger brother Ferdinand I as Holy Roman Emperor and his son Philip II as King of Spain in 1556.
Charles, Prince of Wales: Charles, Prince of Wales (Charles Philip Arthur George; born 14 November 1948), is the eldest child and heir apparent of Queen Elizabeth II.
Charles de Gaulle: Charles André Joseph Marie de Gaulle ( or ; ; 22 November 1890 – 9 November 1970) was a French general and statesman, and leader of Free France during World War II.
Charles: Charles is a masculine given name from the French form Charles of a Germanic name Karl. The original Anglo-Saxon was Ċearl or Ċeorl, as the name of king Cearl of Mercia, that disappeared after the Norman conquest of England.
Charles in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Charles in Arabic letters.
Charles in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Charles in Chinese letters.
Charles in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Charles in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Charles in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Charles in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Charles meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…