Meaning of the name Dorian, analysis of the name Dorian and so much more… What does Dorian mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the menu below.
- Information About The Name Dorian
- Prononciation Of Dorian
- The Meaning Of The Name Dorian
- Statistics Of The Name Dorian
- The Picture Of The Name Dorian
- Numerology Of The Name Dorian
- Destination Number Of The Name Dorian
- Analysis Of The Name Dorian
- Dorian Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Dorian?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Dorian
- Dorian in Arabic Writing
- Dorian in Chinese Characters
- Dorian in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- Dorian in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Dorian in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Dorian
Gender of the name Dorian: Boy
Color of the name Dorian: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Dorian: Greek
Prononciation Of Dorian
Here is how to pronounce the name Dorian:
The Meaning Of The Name Dorian
Definition of Dorian: of the dorian tribe, gift, from doris, greeceMeaning of Dorian: The name was first used by Oscar Wilde in his novel ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray’ (1891), which tells the story of a man whose portrait ages while he stays young. Wilde probably took it from the name of the ancient Greek tribe the Dorians.
Statistics Of The Name Dorian
How many people in the U.S have the name Dorian: 15,817
Rank of the name Dorian in the U.S.: 1,850th
How many letters are in the name Dorian? 6
Below you can find the rankings of Dorian in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Dorian
Consider your name Dorian as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Dorian, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Dorian
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Dorian contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Dorian
To calculate the destiny number of the name Dorian, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Dorian. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
d (4) + o (6) + r (9) + i (9) + a (1) + n (5) = => 3+4 = 7
Destiny Number: 7. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Dorian Destiny AnalysisYour capacity for hard work is amazing. You are very independent. While intelligent and friendly, you have a strong streak of selfishness and sharp cunning and should guard against being egotistical. Your number suggests success as an adventurer, scientist, poet, or politician. You are popular, cheerful and quick-witted. On the other-hand, you can be stubborn and impulsive. You are supposed to be kind to strangers. But you are not good working with relatives. You are strong and friendly.
Analysis Of The Name Dorian
Here is the analysis of the name Dorian.
|D||You enjoy life and having fun. Actually you are addicted to them. Without fun you can not breath.|
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
|R||You have always been an indecisive person and you will be in the future. You hardly even cann’t decide what to eat! Hesitation is the biggest part of your life.|
|İ||You are the most emotional person. Your heart can be easly broken and you are very sensitive.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|N||You have a great common sense and a higher ability in life. You see thing much before they happen.|
Dorian Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Dorian in details.
- You crave affection but seldom find anyone who understands your nature.
- Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.
- Because your feelings run deep, you must guard against the ups and downs, being very inspired one minute, then moody, reserved, and depressed the next.
- Physical weaknesses would show in your heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.
- You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.
- The name of Dorian gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.
- It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.
- You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.
- You are inspired by encouragement from others, yet suspicious of their intent.
- Although the name Dorian creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.
- There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.
- Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs and bronchial area.
Can I Name My Baby Dorian?
Yes you can name your baby Dorian!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Dorian
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Dorian and the definitions which contains the name Dorian or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Dorian: Dorian may refer to:
Dorians: The Dorians (/ˈdɔriənz, ˈdɔər-/; Greek: Δωριεῖς, Dōrieis, singular Δωριεύς, Dōrieus) were one of the four major Greek ethnē into which the Greeks, or Hellenes, of the ancient period considered themselves divided (along with the Aeolians, Achaeans and Ionians).
Dorian mode: Dorian mode or Doric mode can refer to three very different but interrelated subjects: one of the Ancient Greek harmoniai (characteristic melodic behaviour, or the scale structure associated with it), one of the medieval musical modes, or, most commonly, one of the modern modal diatonic scales, corresponding to the white notes from D to D, or any transposition of this, for example the scale from C to C with both E and B flatted.
Durian: The durian (/ˈdjʊriən/) is the fruit of several tree species belonging to the genus Durio. There are 30 recognised Durio species, at least nine of which produce edible fruit.
Dorian Lord: Dr. Dorian Lord Vickers Buchanan (née Cramer; formerly Callison, Santi, Vickers, Hayes, and Laurence) is a fictional character and matriarch of the Cramer family on the American daytime drama One Life to Live, played most notably and for the longest duration by actress Robin Strasser.
Dorian West: Dorian Edward West MBE (born October 5, 1967 in Wrexham, Wales) nicknamed “Nobby” is a former English international rugby union footballer.
Dorians (band): Dorians is an Armenian rock band founded in June 2008 by Vahagn Gevorgyan. In February 2009 the band participated at the first qualifying round of the international Eurovision Song Contest, which brought popularity to the band.
Dorian Harewood: Dorian Harewood (born Willie Dorian Harewood; August 6, 1950) is an American actor.
Dorian invasion: The Dorian invasion is a concept devised by historians of Ancient Greece to explain the replacement of pre-classical dialects and traditions in southern Greece by the ones that prevailed in Classical Greece.
Dorian in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Dorian in Arabic letters.
Dorian in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Dorian in Chinese letters.
Dorian in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Dorian in Japanese letters.
Dorian in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Dorian in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Dorian in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Dorian in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Dorian meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…