Meaning of the name Edgar, analysis of the name Edgar and so much more… What does Edgar mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Edgar
- Prononciation Of Edgar
- The Meaning Of The Name Edgar
- Statistics Of The Name Edgar
- The Picture Of The Name Edgar
- Numerology Of The Name Edgar
- Destination Number Of The Name Edgar
- Analysis Of The Name Edgar
- Edgar Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Edgar?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Edgar
- Edgar in Arabic Writing
- Edgar in Chinese Characters
- Edgar in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Edgar in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Edgar
Gender of the name Edgar: Boy
Color of the name Edgar: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Edgar: English
Prononciation Of Edgar
Here is how to pronounce the name Edgar:
The Meaning Of The Name Edgar
Definition of Edgar: wealthy spearMeaning of Edgar: Derived from the Old English elements ead “rich, blessed” and gar “spear”. This was the name of a 10th-century English king, Edgar the Peaceful. The name did not survive long after the Norman conquest, but it was revived in the 18th century, in part due to a character by this name in Sir Walter Scott’s novel ‘The Bride of Lammermoor’ (1819). Famous bearers include author and poet Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849), French impressionist painter Edgar Degas (1834-1917), and author Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875-1950).
Statistics Of The Name Edgar
How many people in the U.S have the name Edgar: 126,026
Rank of the name Edgar in the U.S.: 515th
How many letters are in the name Edgar? 5
Below you can find the rankings of Edgar in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Edgar
Consider your name Edgar as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Edgar, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Edgar
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Edgar contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Edgar
To calculate the destiny number of the name Edgar, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Edgar. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
e (5) + d (4) + g (7) + a (1) + r (9) = => 2+6 = 8
Destiny Number: 8. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Edgar Destiny AnalysisYou like to set your own hours and will not tolerate too much discipline. You are also very offended if you are criticized. You cannot work well under pressure and must be allowed to do things at your own speed. You need somebody to discipline you, though, in order to utilize your talents. You usually find someone to look after and care for you.
Analysis Of The Name Edgar
Here is the analysis of the name Edgar.
|E||You have a very complicated emotional world. You can be sad and happy at the same time and never ever recognise it.|
|D||You enjoy life and having fun. Actually you are addicted to them. Without fun you can not breath.|
|G||You need power all the time. You can do everything to satisfy this need and you can be very stubborn too.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|R||You have always been an indecisive person and you will be in the future. You hardly even cann’t decide what to eat! Hesitation is the biggest part of your life.|
Edgar Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Edgar in details.
- You are quite healthy, but possible trouble areas are found in the generative organs.
- For these reasons others who may not have the same quickness of mind classify you as a “know it all” and, although you may be highly respected, this characteristic is unlikely to endear you to your associates.
- Your ability to organize and direct the efforts of others enables you to excel in any managerial position because you have the ability to grasp the concept of a goal complete with an understanding of the steps to be taken.
- You never seem to be out of your depth of understanding.
- You have a very responsible nature, are capable and mature, and are willing to assume a position as a pillar of the community.
- Your name Edgar gives you a strong sense of responsibility in business and material affairs, and the practicality and determination to make a success of anything you undertake.
- This name has allowed you to develop depth and breadth of mind.
- You are able to retain facts, to grasp new information to your existing store of knowledge.
Can I Name My Baby Edgar?
Yes you can name your baby Edgar!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Edgar
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Edgar and the definitions which contains the name Edgar or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Edgar Allan Poe: Edgar Allan Poe (; born Edgar Poe; January 19, 1809 – October 7, 1849) was an American author, poet, editor, and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement.
EDGAR: EDGAR, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S.
Edgar Award: The Edgar Allan Poe Awards (popularly called the Edgars), named after Edgar Allan Poe, are presented every year by the Mystery Writers of America, based in New York City.
Edgar Rice Burroughs: Edgar Rice Burroughs (September 1, 1875 – March 19, 1950) was an American writer, best known for his creations of the jungle hero Tarzan and the heroic Mars adventurer John Carter, although he produced works in many genres.
Edgar Degas: Edgar Degas (; or ); born Hilaire-Germain-Edgar De Gas; (19 July 1834 – 27 September 1917) was a French artist famous for his paintings, sculptures, prints, and drawings.
Edgar: Edgar is a common name from Old English words (meaning “rich, happy, prosperous”) + (meaning “spear”).
Edgar Winter: Edgar Holland Winter (born December 28, 1946) is an American rock and blues musician. He is known for being a multi-instrumentalist — keyboardist, saxophonist and percussionist — as well as a singer.
Edgar the Peaceful: Edgar the Peaceful, or Edgar I (; c. 7 August 943 – 8 July 975), also called the Peaceable, was king of England from 959 to 975. Edgar was the younger son of Edmund I.
Edgar Prado: Edgar S. Prado (Lima, June 12, 1967) is a Peruvian-born American jockey, a U.S. Racing Hall of Fame jockey in thoroughbred horse racing.
Edgar in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Edgar in Arabic letters.
Edgar in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Edgar in Chinese letters.
Edgar in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Edgar in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Edgar in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Edgar in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Edgar meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…