Meaning of the name Francis, analysis of the name Francis and so much more… What does Francis mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Francis
- Prononciation Of Francis
- The Meaning Of The Name Francis
- Statistics Of The Name Francis
- The Picture Of The Name Francis
- Numerology Of The Name Francis
- Destination Number Of The Name Francis
- Analysis Of The Name Francis
- Francis Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Francis?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Francis
- Francis in Arabic Writing
- Francis in Chinese Characters
- Francis in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- Francis in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Francis in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Francis
Gender of the name Francis: Boy
Color of the name Francis: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Francis: Latin
Prononciation Of Francis
Here is how to pronounce the name Francis:
The Meaning Of The Name Francis
Definition of Francis: free man, from franceMeaning of Francis: English form of the Late Latin name Franciscus which meant “Frenchman”. This name was borne by the 13th-century Saint Francis of Assisi, who was originally named Giovanni but was given the nickname Francesco by his father, an admirer of the French. Francis went on to renounce his father’s wealth and devote his life to the poor, founding the Franciscan order of friars. Later in his life he apparently received the stigmata.Due to the renown of the saint, this name became widespread in Western Europe during the Middle Ages. However, it was not regularly used in Britain until the 16th century. Famous bearers include Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552), a missionary to East Asia, the philosopher and scientist Francis Bacon (1561-1626), and the explorer and admiral Sir Francis Drake (1540-1595). In the English-speaking world this name is occasionally used for girls.
Statistics Of The Name Francis
How many people in the U.S have the name Francis: 264,321
Rank of the name Francis in the U.S.: 266th
How many letters are in the name Francis? 7
Below you can find the rankings of Francis in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Francis
Consider your name Francis as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Francis, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Francis
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Francis contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Francis
To calculate the destiny number of the name Francis, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Francis. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
f (6) + r (9) + a (1) + n (5) + c (3) + i (9) + s (1) = => 3+4 = 7
Destiny Number: 7. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Francis Destiny AnalysisYou must be allowed to show your emotions. You are hot-blooded, hot-tempered, and impatient, and You will gladly demonstrate. In love, you are quite vulnerable. You give up everything for the object of your affections. This causes you trouble since you are such an impulsive creature! You must learn to use caution. You receive most of the attention. You like being the hub and have everything revolving about you. In return, you work hard and share with everyone.
Analysis Of The Name Francis
Here is the analysis of the name Francis.
|F||You are very trustworthy. You like moving slowly and staying calm everytime. You are considered as cool.|
|R||You have always been an indecisive person and you will be in the future. You hardly even cann’t decide what to eat! Hesitation is the biggest part of your life.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|N||You have a great common sense and a higher ability in life. You see thing much before they happen.|
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|İ||You are the most emotional person. Your heart can be easly broken and you are very sensitive.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
Francis Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Francis in details.
- The name of Francis gives you a very individual, reserved, serious nature.
- You find satisfaction in being outdoors or in getting out into nature, or in dealing with the products of the earth.
- Although you realize perfectly well what is expected of you, you are unable to find the right words, and hence you end up saying something inappropriate in a candid way.
- You prefer to be alone with your own thoughts, rather than in the company of others.
- This name restricts spontaneity in association and the fluency of your verbal expression.
- When you are required to express yourself in personal matters requiring finesse and diplomacy, you feel awkward and embarrassed.
- There is originality and depth of thought contained in this name, particularly along practical and mathematical lines.
- You are steadfast and loyal, and do not allow gossip or anything belittling to be said against those whom you accept in friendship.
- You can express your deeper thoughts and feelings best through writing.
- Your friendships and personal associations are rather restricted, being limited to those of a similar nature who can understand and accept your rather straightforward yet reserved manner.
- Also, you are prone to suffer from weaknesses centering in the head.
- This name can adversely affect the health of your respiratory organs, the heart and lungs.
- You stick stubbornly to your ideas or decisions, in spite of any appeals or advice; you are not willing to accept a compromise.
Can I Name My Baby Francis?
Yes you can name your baby Francis!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Francis
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Francis and the definitions which contains the name Francis or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Franciscan: Franciscans are people and groups (religious orders) who adhere to the teachings and spiritual disciplines of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Francisco Franco: Francisco Franco Bahamonde (; 4 December 189220 November 1975) was the dictator of Spain from 1939 to his death in 1975. Coming from a military background, he became the youngest general in Europe.
Francis I of France: Francis I () (12 September 1494 – 31 March 1547) was a monarch of the House of Valois who ruled as King of France from 1515 until his death.
FRANCIS: FRANCIS is an academic bibliographic database maintained by INIST. FRANCIS covers the core academic literature in the humanities and social sciences with special emphasis on European literature.
Francis of Assisi: Saint Francis of Assisi (, born Giovanni di Pietro di Bernardone, but nicknamed Francesco (“the Frenchman”) by his father, 1181/1182 October 3, 1226) was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher.
Francis Bacon: Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St. Alban, QC (22 January 15619 April 1626), was an English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, orator, essayist, and author.
Francis Ford Coppola: Francis Ford Coppola (; born April 7, 1939) is an American film director, producer and screenwriter.
Francisco Goya: Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes (; 30 March 1746 – 16 April 1828) was a Spanish romantic painter and printmaker regarded both as the last of the Old Masters and the first of the moderns.
Francis Drake: Sir Francis Drake, vice admiral ( – 27 January 1596) was an English sea captain, privateer, navigator, slaver, and politician of the Elizabethan era.
Francis in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Francis in Arabic letters.
Francis in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Francis in Chinese letters.
Francis in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Francis in Japanese letters.
Francis in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Francis in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Francis in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Francis in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Francis meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…