Meaning of the name Gladys, analysis of the name Gladys and so much more… What does Gladys mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Gladys
- Prononciation Of Gladys
- The Meaning Of The Name Gladys
- Statistics Of The Name Gladys
- The Picture Of The Name Gladys
- Numerology Of The Name Gladys
- Destination Number Of The Name Gladys
- Analysis Of The Name Gladys
- Gladys Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Gladys?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Gladys
- Gladys in Arabic Writing
- Gladys in Chinese Characters
- Gladys in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Gladys in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Gladys
Gender of the name Gladys: Girl
Color of the name Gladys: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Gladys: Welsh
Prononciation Of Gladys
Here is how to pronounce the name Gladys:
The Meaning Of The Name Gladys
Definition of Gladys: rulerMeaning of Gladys: From the old Welsh name Gwladus, possibly derived from gwlad “country”. It has historically been used as a Welsh form of CLAUDIA. This name became popular outside of Wales after it was used in Ouida’s novel ‘Puck’ (1870).
Statistics Of The Name Gladys
How many people in the U.S have the name Gladys: 174,428
Rank of the name Gladys in the U.S.: 408th
How many letters are in the name Gladys? 6
Below you can find the rankings of Gladys in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Gladys
Consider your name Gladys as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Gladys, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Gladys
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Gladys contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Gladys
To calculate the destiny number of the name Gladys, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Gladys. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
g (7) + l (3) + a (1) + d (4) + y (7) + s (1) = => 2+3 = 5
Destiny Number: 5. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Gladys Destiny AnalysisYou consider yourself very strong. You will often bite off more than you can chew. When this happens, you are too proud to ask for help and exhaust yourself. You can do many things well. You may be an artists politician, doctor, or minister. When you choose the right profession, you will be successful and devoted. You just can’t help winning!
Analysis Of The Name Gladys
Here is the analysis of the name Gladys.
|G||You need power all the time. You can do everything to satisfy this need and you can be very stubborn too.|
|L||You have the most talented personality. You can be talented in so many different areas like art, sports and education.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|D||You enjoy life and having fun. Actually you are addicted to them. Without fun you can not breath.|
|Y||You never forget the past. You have a very vindictive personality. Your vindictiveness can be a great advantage for you. Use it carefully!.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
Gladys Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Gladys in details.
- Routine, monotony, and the responsibility of looking after details can have a similar effect on you, as you are a person who desires change, travel, and new experiences.
- Your first name of Gladys has given you a quick, analytical mind.
- Also, ailments could centre in the head affecting the eyes, ears, nose, throat, or teeth.
- However, independence, positivity and the urge for action and progress are such strong forces in your nature that you find it difficult to control them.
- You frequently experience nervous tension in the solar plexus.
- Moods of depression can result during which you become caustic and belligerent in your attitude toward everyone, especially to those in closest association with you.
- In order to gain greater congeniality in your personal associations, you need to cultivate a more relaxed manner, greater generosity, understanding, and tolerance, and, above all, you need to avoid being too outspoken and self-opinionated. The influence of this name can be very destructive to your health and personal happiness, even though it may take you far in business.
- A sensitive stomach and ulcers could result.
- You are creative, versatile, and imaginative.
- You feel happy as long as headway is being made, but as soon as you are obstructed or your individuality and freedom of action are restricted, you experience an intense nervous reaction.
Can I Name My Baby Gladys?
Yes you can name your baby Gladys!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Gladys
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Gladys and the definitions which contains the name Gladys or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Gladys: Gladys may refer to the following:
Gladys Knight: Gladys Maria Knight (born May 28, 1944), known as the “Empress of Soul”, is an American recording artist, songwriter, businesswoman, humanitarian and author.
Gladys Knight & the Pips: Gladys Knight & The Pips were an R&B/soul family musical act from Atlanta, Georgia, active from 1953 to 1989. The group was best known for their string of hit singles on Motown’s “Soul” record label and Buddah Records from 1967 to 1975, including “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” (1967) and “Midnight Train to Georgia” (1973).
Elvis Presley: Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977) was an American singer and actor. Regarded as one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century, he is often referred to as “the King of Rock and Roll”, or simply, “the King”.
Gladys Cooper: Dame Gladys Constance Cooper DBE (18 December 1888 – 17 November 1971) was an English actress whose career spanned seven decades on stage, in films and on television.
Gladys George: Gladys George (September 13, 1904 – December 8, 1954) was an American actress.
Gladys Reyes: Gladys Paras Reyes-Sommereux, or Gladys Reyes-Roxas (born June 23, 1978), is a Filipina actress best known for her role as “Clara,” the antagonist to “Mara” (played by Judy Ann Santos) from the 90’s ABS-CBN hit teleserye, Mara Clara.
Gladys Berejiklian: Gladys Berejiklian MP (born 22 September 1970), an Australian politician, is the Minister for Transport and the Minister for the Hunter in the Baird government.
Gladys Henson: Gladys Henson (27 September 1897 – 21 December 1982) was a British actress whose career lasted from 1932 to 1976 and included roles on stage, radio, films and television series.
Gladys in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Gladys in Arabic letters.
Gladys in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Gladys in Chinese letters.
Gladys in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Gladys in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Gladys in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Gladys in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Gladys meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…