Meaning of the name Ishmael, analysis of the name Ishmael and so much more… What does Ishmael mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the menu below.
- Information About The Name Ishmael
- Prononciation Of Ishmael
- The Meaning Of The Name Ishmael
- The Picture Of The Name Ishmael
- Statistics Of The Name Ishmael
- Numerology Of The Name Ishmael
- Destination Number Of The Name Ishmael
- Analysis Of The Name Ishmael
- Ishmael Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Ishmael?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Ishmael
- Ishmael in Arabic Writing
- Ishmael in Chinese Characters
- Ishmael in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- Ishmael in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Ishmael in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Ishmael
Gender of the name Ishmael: Boy
Color of the name Ishmael: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Ishmael: Hebrew
Prononciation Of Ishmael
Here is how to pronounce the name Ishmael:
The Meaning Of The Name Ishmael
Definition of Ishmael: the lord will hearMeaning of Ishmael: From the Hebrew name יִשְׁמָעֵאל (Yishma’el) meaning “God will hear”. In the Old Testament this is the name of a son of Abraham. He is the traditional ancestor of the Arab people. Also in the Old Testament, it is borne by a man who assassinates Gedaliah the governor of Judah. The author Herman Melville later used this name for the narrator in his novel ‘Moby-Dick’ (1851).
The Picture Of The Name Ishmael
Consider your name Ishmael as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Ishmael, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Statistics Of The Name Ishmael
How many people in the U.S have the name Ishmael: 3,548
Rank of the name Ishmael in the U.S.: 4,901st
How many letters are in the name Ishmael? 7
Numerology Of The Name Ishmael
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Ishmael contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Ishmael
To calculate the destiny number of the name Ishmael, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Ishmael. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
ı (9) + s (1) + h (8) + m (4) + a (1) + e (5) + l (3) = => 3+1 = 4
Destiny Number: 4. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Ishmael Destiny Analysis
Analysis Of The Name Ishmael
Here is the analysis of the name Ishmael.
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
|H||You prefer an ordinary life. Beeing calm when things go wrong is your natural ability.|
|M||You are smart and succesfull. You are interested in trade business and be successful too.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|E||You have a very complicated emotional world. You can be sad and happy at the same time and never ever recognise it.|
|L||You have the most talented personality. You can be talented in so many different areas like art, sports and education.|
Ishmael Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Ishmael in details.
- This name creates a deliberate and methodical way of thinking and speaking; it takes you time to learn but, once you have mastered a subject, you do not forget it.
- There is a seriousness to your nature which could cause you to worry over your responsibilities, especially when confronted with change and uncertainty.
- You are overly fond of heavy foods such as meat, potatoes, breads and pastries and could suffer with stomach and intestinal disorders, constipation or boils.
- Your first name of Ishmael has given you a practical, logical, analytical approach to life and a great deal of patience.
- You enjoy working at anything of a mechanical or technical nature, and believe that what is worth doing is worth doing well.
- You are very systematic in all you do and do not like to see things out of order; however, there is a tendency for you to be too fussy.
- When you are interested in a project, you concentrate all your thoughts on it and do not appreciate being interrupted.
Can I Name My Baby Ishmael?
Yes you can name your baby Ishmael!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Ishmael
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Ishmael and the definitions which contains the name Ishmael or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Ishmael: Ishmael (Hebrew: יִשְׁמָעֵאל, Modern Yishma’el, Tiberian Yišmāʻēl ISO 259-3 Yišmaˁel; Arabic: إسماعيل ʾIsmāʿīl; Greek: Ἰσμαήλ Ismaēl; Latin: Ismael) is a figure in the Hebrew Bible and the Qur’an and was Abraham’s first son according to Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
Ishmael Mills Le-Marie: The Rt Rev Ishmael Samuel Mills Le-Marie was Bishop of Accra from 1968 to 1982.Ordained in 1936, he was Canon of Accra and Archdeacon of Sekondi from 1960 until 1963 when he was elevated to the Episcopate as an Assistant Bishop.
Ishmael in Islam: Ishmael, known as Ismâ`îl in Arabic (Arabic: إسماعيل Ismā’īl) and Dhabih Ullah, is the figure known in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam as Abraham’s (Ibrâhîm) son, born to Hagar (Hājar).
Ishmael Reed: Ishmael Scott Reed (born February 22, 1938) is an American poet, novelist, essayist, songwriter, playwright, editor and publisher.
Ishmael Bernal: Ishmael Bernal (30 September 1938 – 2 June 1996) was a Filipino film, stage and television director, actor and screenwriter.
Ishmaelites: According to the Book of Genesis, Ishmaelites (Arabic: Bani Isma’il, Hebrew: Bnai Yishma’el) are the descendants of Ishmael, the elder son of Abraham.
Ishmael (novel): Ishmael is a 1992 philosophical novel by Daniel Quinn. It examines the mythological thinking at the heart of modern civilization, its effect on ethics, and how this relates to sustainability and societal collapse on the global scale.
Ishmael Miller: Ishmael Anthony Miller (born 5 March 1987) is an English footballer who plays for Huddersfield Town. Starting his career with Manchester City, Miller has also played for West Bromwich Albion, Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Middlesbrough, Yeovil Town and Blackpool.
Ishmael Beah: Ishmael Beah (born on 23 November 1980) is a Sierra Leonean author and human rights activist who rose to fame with his acclaimed memoir, A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier.
Ishmael in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Ishmael in Arabic letters.
Ishmael in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Ishmael in Chinese letters.
Ishmael in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Ishmael in Japanese letters.
Ishmael in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Ishmael in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Ishmael in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Ishmael in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Ishmael meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…