Meaning of the name Jacob, analysis of the name Jacob and so much more… What does Jacob mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the menu below.
- Information About The Name Jacob
- Prononciation Of Jacob
- The Meaning Of The Name Jacob
- The Picture Of The Name Jacob
- Statistics Of The Name Jacob
- Numerology Of The Name Jacob
- Destination Number Of The Name Jacob
- Analysis Of The Name Jacob
- Jacob Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Jacob?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Jacob
- Jacob in Arabic Writing
- Jacob in Chinese Characters
- Jacob in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- Jacob in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Jacob in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Jacob
Gender of the name Jacob: Boy
Color of the name Jacob: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Jacob: Hebrew
Prononciation Of Jacob
Here is how to pronounce the name Jacob:
The Meaning Of The Name Jacob
Definition of Jacob: supplanterMeaning of Jacob: From the Latin Iacobus, which was from the Greek Ιακωβος (Iakobos), which was from the Hebrew name יַעֲקֹב (Ya’aqov). In the Old Testament, Jacob (later called Israel) is the son of Isaac and Rebecca and the father of the twelve founders of the twelve tribes of Israel. He was born holding his twin brother Esau’s heel, and his name is explained as meaning “holder of the heel” or “supplanter”. Other theories claim that it is in fact derived from a hypothetical name like יַעֲקֹבְאֵל (Ya’aqov’el) meaning “may God protect”.The English names Jacob and James derive from the same source, with James coming from Latin Iacomus, a later variant of Iacobus. Unlike English, many languages do not have separate spellings for the two names.In England, Jacob was mainly regarded as a Jewish name during the Middle Ages, though the variant James was used among Christians. Jacob came into general use as a Christian name after the Protestant Reformation. A famous bearer was Jacob Grimm (1785-1863), the German linguist and writer who was, with his brother Wilhelm, the author of ‘Grimm’s Fairy Tales’.
The Picture Of The Name Jacob
Consider your name Jacob as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Jacob, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Statistics Of The Name Jacob
How many people in the U.S have the name Jacob: 335,044
Rank of the name Jacob in the U.S.: 236th
How many letters are in the name Jacob? 5
Below you can find the rankings of Jacob in different countries.
|England and Wales||4|
Numerology Of The Name Jacob
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Jacob contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Jacob
To calculate the destiny number of the name Jacob, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Jacob. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
j (1) + a (1) + c (3) + o (6) + b (2) = => 1+3 = 4
Destiny Number: 4. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Jacob Destiny Analysis
Analysis Of The Name Jacob
Here is the analysis of the name Jacob.
|J||You are an icon of stubbornness. You want to own everyting you see. And you seem to achieve it.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
|B||You have a strong vision of the future. You see things with great hope and you hold on to that hope and never let it go..|
Jacob Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Jacob in details.
- As a result, you seem aloof.
- Friendships and personal association are accordingly restricted, as well as business success, because you are over-cautious in venturing into financial risks or promotional effort.
- Finding it difficult to join in light conversation with those with whom you are not well acquainted, you could feel quite alone and uncommunicative.
- You would find electricity, electronics, and similar technical fields of interest, as well as computer, mathematical, and scientific studies.
- The name of Jacob creates a quiet, systematic, and technical nature and a clever, inventive mind, attentive to detail.
- You are inclined to be quiet, reserved, patient, and conservative, preferring to test and prove everything to your own satisfaction before committing yourself.
- You are attracted to working outdoors in nature, where you would experience the peace and serenity you so much desire.
- You take life seriously and can be easily and deeply hurt and go into moods which can be quite extreme at times, causing turmoil and unhappiness.
- You could experience sensitivity in your heart, lungs, and bronchial organs, and also suffer from constipation or other ailments affecting the intestinal tract.
- You like to finish what you start without interruptions, and also to have everything in its place and properly organized.
- Your limited verbal expression–except with those involved in your field of interest–makes it difficult for you to communicate your deeper thoughts even to those closest to you.
Can I Name My Baby Jacob?
Yes you can name your baby Jacob!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Jacob
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Jacob and the definitions which contains the name Jacob or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Jacob: Jacob (later given the name Israel) is considered a patriarch of the Israelites. According to the Book of Genesis, Jacob (/ˈdʒeɪkəb/; Hebrew: יַעֲקֹב Standard Yaʿakov) was the third Hebrew progenitor with whom God made a covenant.
Jacobin: Jacobin is separate and distinct from Jacobite and Jacobian.
Jacobitism: Jacobitism (/ˈdʒækəbaɪˌtɪzm/ JAK-ə-beye-TIZ-əm; Irish: Seacaibíteachas, Scottish Gaelic: Seumasachas) was a political movement in Great Britain and Ireland that aimed to restore the Roman Catholic Stuart King James II of England and his heirs to the thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland.
Jacob Zuma: Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma, GCB (born 12 April 1942) is the President of South Africa, elected by parliament following his party’s victory in the 2009 general election.
Jacoby 2NT: Developed by Oswald Jacoby, Jacoby 2NT is a bridge convention in which a bid of two notrump (2NT) over partner’s opening bid of one heart (1♥) or one spade (1♠) shows a hand with both
Jacob Riis: Jacob August Riis (May 3, 1849 – May 26, 1914) was a Danish American social reformer, “muckraking” journalist and social documentary photographer.
Jacobina: Jacobina is a city in the Centro Norte Baiano mesoregion of Bahia. It was founded July 28, 1880 and the population is 78,842.
Jacobethan: Jacobethan is the style designation coined in 1933 by John Betjeman to describe the mixed national Renaissance revival style that was made popular in England from the late 1820s, which derived most of its inspiration and its repertory from the English Renaissance (1550–1625), with elements of Elizabethan and Jacobean.
Jacobu: Jacobu is a town near ashanti Bekwei and Obuasi is the capital of Amansie Central, a district in the Ashanti Region of Ghanajacobu and it nabouring town forms the Odotobri paramouncy the current cheif of jacobu is Nana fosu kwadjobri jacobu is rich of minerals including gold timber and also export most of ghanain food stuff since the people living in those area engage their selves in active farming as their occupation .
Jacob in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Jacob in Arabic letters.
Jacob in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Jacob in Chinese letters.
Jacob in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Jacob in Japanese letters.
Jacob in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Jacob in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Jacob in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Jacob in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Jacob meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…