Meaning of the name James, analysis of the name James and so much more… What does James mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the menu below.
- Information About The Name James
- Prononciation Of James
- The Meaning Of The Name James
- Statistics Of The Name James
- The Picture Of The Name James
- Numerology Of The Name James
- Destination Number Of The Name James
- Analysis Of The Name James
- James Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby James?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name James
- James in Arabic Writing
- James in Chinese Characters
- James in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
- James in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say James in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name James
Gender of the name James: Boy
Color of the name James: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name James: Hebrew
Prononciation Of James
Here is how to pronounce the name James:
The Meaning Of The Name James
Definition of James: supplanterMeaning of James: English form of the Late Latin name Iacomus which was derived from Ιακωβος (Iakobos), the New Testament Greek form of the Hebrew name Ya’aqov (see JACOB). This was the name of two apostles in the New Testament. The first was Saint James the Greater, the apostle John’s brother, who was beheaded under Herod Agrippa in the Book of Acts. The second was James the Lesser, son of Alphaeus. Another James (known as James the Just) is also mentioned in the Bible as being the brother of Jesus.Since the 13th century this form of the name has been used in England, though it became more common in Scotland, where it was borne by several kings. In the 17th century the Scottish king James VI inherited the English throne, becoming the first ruler of all Britain, and the name grew much more popular. Famous bearers include the explorer Captain James Cook (1728-1779), the inventor James Watt (1736-1819), and the novelist and poet James Joyce (1882-1941). This name has also been borne by six American presidents. A notable fictional bearer is the British spy James Bond, created by author Ian Fleming.
Statistics Of The Name James
How many people in the U.S have the name James: 5,038,618
Rank of the name James in the U.S.: 2nd
How many letters are in the name James? 5
Below you can find the rankings of James in different countries.
|England and Wales||9|
The Picture Of The Name James
Consider your name James as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of James, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name James
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name James contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name James
To calculate the destiny number of the name James, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name James. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
j (1) + a (1) + m (4) + e (5) + s (1) = => 1+2 = 3
Destiny Number: 3. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
James Destiny AnalysisIn spite of your quick temper, you are sincere, generous and very affectionate. You also possess a great sense of humor. You are social and you like people, involvement, and dedication to humanitarian causes. You seek out adventures, and at certain points in your life, you will be very rebellious. You must act out some of your ideals and lash out at the wrongs of society. You are so daring that you acquire many admirers. Those who disapprove of what you do still will secretly admire you for your actions.
Analysis Of The Name James
Here is the analysis of the name James.
|J||You are an icon of stubbornness. You want to own everyting you see. And you seem to achieve it.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|M||You are smart and succesfull. You are interested in trade business and be successful too.|
|E||You have a very complicated emotional world. You can be sad and happy at the same time and never ever recognise it.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
James Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of James in details.
- Health weakness would appear as skin conditions or ailments relative to the liver.
- However, your natural interest in others, coupled with your sympathetic reaction to problems, could draw you into emotional situations which may be difficult to get out of.
- You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems.
- You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times.
- In close personal relationships you are usually thoughtful and considerate.
- In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents.
- Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you.
- Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem.
- As James, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way.
- You enjoy making others happy and you never let your own problems “get you down” for any length of time, even though you do tend to worry too much at times.
- A tendency to overeat quick-energy foods aggravates any health problems.
- Your optimism can be a source of inspiration to others as well as yourself.
Can I Name My Baby James?
Yes you can name your baby James!
List Of Celebrities With First Name James
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is James and the definitions which contains the name James or similar to it. You can find the results below.
James: James is a common English surname and given name:
James VI and I: James VI and I (19 June 1566 – 27 March 1625) was King of Scotland as James VI from 24 July 1567 and King of England and Ireland as James I from the union of the Scottish and English crowns on 24 March 1603 until his death.
James Joyce: James Augustine Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941) was an Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early 20th century.
James Chadwick: Sir James Chadwick, CH, FRS (20 October 1891 – 24 July 1974) was an English physicist who was awarded the 1935 Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery of the neutron in 1932. In 1941, he wrote the final draft of the MAUD Report, which inspired the U.S.
James II of England: James II and VII (14 October 1633O.S. – 16 September 1701) was King of England and Ireland as James II and King of Scotland as James VII, from 6 February 1685 until he was deposed in the Glorious Revolution of 1688. He was the last Roman Catholic monarch to reign over the Kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland.
James Tod: Lieutenant-Colonel James Tod (20 March 1782 – 18 November 1835) was an English-born officer of the British East India Company and an Oriental scholar.
James G. Blaine: James Gillespie Blaine (January 31, 1830 – January 27, 1893) was an American statesman and Republican politician who represented Maine in the United States House of Representatives from 1863 to 1876, serving as Speaker of the House from 1869 to 1875, and then in the United States Senate from 1876 to 1881. He twice served as United States Secretary of State (1881, 1889–1892), the only person to hold the position under three separate presidents, and unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for President in 1876 and 1880 before being nominated in 1884. In the general election, he was narrowly defeated by Democrat Grover Cleveland.
James A. Garfield: James Abram Garfield (November 19, 1831 – September 19, 1881) was the 20th President of the United States, serving from March 4, 1881, until his assassination later that year.
James Bowie: James “Jim” Bowie (pronounced /ˈbuːiː/ BOO-ee or /ˈboʊ.i/ BO-ee; c. 1796 – March 6, 1836) was a nineteenth-century American pioneer, soldier, smuggler, slave trader, and land speculator, who played a prominent role in the Texas Revolution, culminating in his death at the Battle of the Alamo.
James in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find James in Arabic letters.
James in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find James in Chinese letters.
James in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find James in Japanese letters.
James in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name James in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say James in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name James in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just James meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…