Meaning of the name Joshua, analysis of the name Joshua and so much more… What does Joshua mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Joshua
- Prononciation Of Joshua
- The Meaning Of The Name Joshua
- Statistics Of The Name Joshua
- The Picture Of The Name Joshua
- Numerology Of The Name Joshua
- Destination Number Of The Name Joshua
- Analysis Of The Name Joshua
- Joshua Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Joshua?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Joshua
- Joshua in Arabic Writing
- Joshua in Chinese Characters
- Joshua in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Joshua in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Joshua
Gender of the name Joshua: Boy
Color of the name Joshua: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Joshua: Hebrew
Prononciation Of Joshua
Here is how to pronounce the name Joshua:
The Meaning Of The Name Joshua
Definition of Joshua: G-d is salvationMeaning of Joshua: From the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu’a) meaning “YAHWEH is salvation”. Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses, as told in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. As an English name, Joshua has been in use since the Protestant Reformation.The name Jesus comes from a Greek translation of the Aramaic short form יֵשׁוּעַ (Yeshu’a), which was the real name of Jesus.
Statistics Of The Name Joshua
How many people in the U.S have the name Joshua: 739,550
Rank of the name Joshua in the U.S.: 85th
How many letters are in the name Joshua? 6
Below you can find the rankings of Joshua in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Joshua
Consider your name Joshua as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Joshua, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Joshua
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Joshua contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Joshua
To calculate the destiny number of the name Joshua, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Joshua. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
j (1) + o (6) + s (1) + h (8) + u (3) + a (1) = => 2+0 = 2
Destiny Number: 2. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Joshua Destiny AnalysisYou are neat and punctual, honest and hard working. You make ideal mates since you always do more than your share. You have a long memory and remember the little details others miss. When You are angry with you, you will carry your grievance a long way. When you are unhappy or upset, you will bury yourself in your work until you feel better. You always pay your debts. If you owe you anything, you will never forgive yourself until the debt is paid. You always remember a favor, and though you don’t use flowery words, you will show your appreciation in other ways. Your actions speak louder than words.
Analysis Of The Name Joshua
Here is the analysis of the name Joshua.
|J||You are an icon of stubbornness. You want to own everyting you see. And you seem to achieve it.|
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
|H||You prefer an ordinary life. Beeing calm when things go wrong is your natural ability.|
|U||You don’t like rushing in your life. You want to stay calm and do what you do one by one, slowly.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
Joshua Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Joshua in details.
- Your name of Joshua gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour.
- Your ideas can be very original and inventive.
- It is not easy for you to overcome obstacles or face issues.
- Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others.
- Procrastination is your downfall.
- This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.
- You frequently choose the path of least resistance to avoid your responsibilities.
- You enjoy being with people in a social environment.
- This name does you an injustice in that it restricts your success in business and personal pursuits through a lack of ambition.
- You seem positive and decisive and can be outspoken in the expression of your opinions, but you lack the self-confidence needed to follow through with your ideas and plans.
- Hair loss could also be a problem.
- Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you would probably not follow such advice yourself.
- There is a weakness in the fluid functions and in the region of the head resulting in sinus problems, headaches, eye, ear, or throat conditions and related ailments.
Can I Name My Baby Joshua?
Yes you can name your baby Joshua!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Joshua
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Joshua and the definitions which contains the name Joshua or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Joshua: Joshua or Jehoshua ( Yĕhôshúa or Yĕshúa; , Yūshaʿ ibn Nūn, ), is a figure in the Torah, being one of the spies for Israel (Num 13–14) and in few passages as Moses’ assistant.
Joshua Reynolds: Sir Joshua Reynolds PRA FRS FRSA (; 16 July 1723 – 23 February 1792) was an influential eighteenth-century English painter, specialising in portraits and promoting the “Grand Style” in painting which depended on idealization of the imperfect.
Joshua Eagle: Joshua Eagle (born 10 May 1973) is a former professional male tennis player and current professional tennis coach from Australia.
Joshua Jackson: Joshua Carter Jackson (born June 11, 1978) is a Canadian-American actor. He has appeared in primetime television and in over 32 film roles.
Joshua Bell: Joshua David Bell (born December 9, 1967) is an American Grammy Award-winning violinist and conductor.
Joshua Logan: Joshua Lockwood Logan III (October 5, 1908 – July 12, 1988) was an American stage and film director and writer.
Joshua Redman: Joshua Redman (born February 1, 1969) is an American jazz saxophonist and composer.
Joshua Tree National Park: Joshua Tree National Park is located in southeastern California. Declared a U.S. National Park in 1994 when the U.S.
Josh Goodall: Joshua Jake Goodall (born 17 October 1985, Basingstoke, England) is an English tennis player.
Joshua in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Joshua in Arabic letters.
Joshua in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Joshua in Chinese letters.
Joshua in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Joshua in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Joshua in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Joshua in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Joshua meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…