Meaning of the name Oscar, analysis of the name Oscar and so much more… What does Oscar mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
- Information About The Name Oscar
- Prononciation Of Oscar
- The Meaning Of The Name Oscar
- Statistics Of The Name Oscar
- The Picture Of The Name Oscar
- Numerology Of The Name Oscar
- Destination Number Of The Name Oscar
- Analysis Of The Name Oscar
- Oscar Character Analysis of Meaning
- Can I Name My Baby Oscar?
- List Of Celebrities With First Name Oscar
- Oscar in Arabic Writing
- Oscar in Chinese Characters
- Oscar in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- How To Say Oscar in American Sign Language
- Search Another Name?
Information About The Name Oscar
Gender of the name Oscar: Boy
Color of the name Oscar: Blue&Pink
Origin of the name Oscar: English
Prononciation Of Oscar
Here is how to pronounce the name Oscar:
The Meaning Of The Name Oscar
Definition of Oscar: divine spearMeaning of Oscar: Possibly means “deer lover”, derived from Gaelic os “deer” and cara “lover”. Alternatively, it may derive from the Old English name OSGAR or its Old Norse cognate ÁSGEIRR, which may have been brought to Ireland by Viking invaders and settlers. In Irish legend Oscar was the son of the poet Oisín and the grandson of the hero Fionn mac Cumhail.This name was popularized in continental Europe by the works of the 18th-century Scottish poet James Macpherson. Napoleon was an admirer of Macpherson, and he suggested Oscar as the second middle name of his godson, who eventually became king of Sweden as Oscar I. Another notable bearer was the Irish writer and humourist Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).
Statistics Of The Name Oscar
How many people in the U.S have the name Oscar: 196,930
Rank of the name Oscar in the U.S.: 374th
How many letters are in the name Oscar? 5
Below you can find the rankings of Oscar in different countries.
The Picture Of The Name Oscar
Consider your name Oscar as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Oscar, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Oscar
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Oscar contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Oscar
To calculate the destiny number of the name Oscar, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Oscar. Add up these numbers and that’s your destiny number.
o (6) + s (1) + c (3) + a (1) + r (9) = => 2+0 = 2
Destiny Number: 2. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Oscar Destiny AnalysisYou are a born leader, you inspire confidence from all around you. You are conservative methodical, and good with your hands. Guard against being chauvinistic and always demanding your own way. The Buffalo would be successful as a skilled surgeon, general, or hairdresser. You are hard working, strong, quiet, and good at using your hands. You are strong and dependable. You tend to keep to yourself and may be stubborn.
Analysis Of The Name Oscar
Here is the analysis of the name Oscar.
|O||You are a very closed person. You like keeping secrets and enjoy your privacy. You do not want to explain yourself to people.|
|S||You like to imagine and when you do you have great fun. This wont scare you even if you do this too much!|
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
|R||You have always been an indecisive person and you will be in the future. You hardly even cann’t decide what to eat! Hesitation is the biggest part of your life.|
Oscar Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Oscar in details.
- You will go out of your way to help others, and find it difficult to say “no” and mean it.
- Others impose on your generosity at times.
- Desiring to be free from detail and monotony, you find it difficult to finish what you start if it does not hold your interest.
- Self-consciousness may prevent you from feeling at ease in positions of impromptu expression.
- You enjoy reading and the beauties of nature, experiencing peace and relaxation in outdoor activities.
- With acquaintances and strangers, you tend to be reticent and reserved.
- Your friends never know whether they will find you friendly and charming or lost in introspection.
- A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts.
- Your first name of Oscar makes you a quick thinker, both philosophical and creative.
- Over-indulgence could cause a weak back, skin conditions or arthritis later in life.
- You enjoy sweets and starchy foods.
- You appreciate music, art, and drama and, if given training, could excel in those fields.
- When unhappy or disappointed, you can be moody and temperamental, feeling misunderstood and unappreciated.
- The heart and lungs could also be affected at stressful times.
Can I Name My Baby Oscar?
Yes you can name your baby Oscar!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Oscar
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Oscar and the definitions which contains the name Oscar or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Oscar Wilde: Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 185430 November 1900) was an Irish writer and poet. After writing in different forms throughout the 1880s, he became one of London’s most popular playwrights in the early 1890s.
Academy Awards: The Academy Awards, commonly known as The Oscars, (rebranded as The Oscars in 2013) is an annual American awards ceremony honoring cinematic achievements in the film industry.
Oscar Hammerstein II: Oscar Greeley Clendenning Hammerstein II (; July 12, 1895 – August 23, 1960) was an American librettist, theatrical producer, and (usually uncredited) theatre director of musicals for almost forty years.
OSCAR: OSCAR is an acronym for Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio. OSCAR series amateur radio satellites use amateur radio frequency allocations to facilitate communication between amateur radio stations.
Oscar Peterson: Oscar Emmanuel Peterson, (August 15, 1925 – December 23, 2007) was a Canadian jazz pianist and composer.
Oscar II of Sweden: Oscar II (21 January 1829 – 8 December 1907), baptised Oscar Fredrik, was King of Sweden from 1872 until his death and King of Norway from 1872 until 1905. The third son of King Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg, he was a descendant of Gustav I of Sweden through his mother.
Oscar De La Hoya: Oscar De La Hoya (born February 4, 1973) is a retired Mexican American professional boxer. Nicknamed “The Golden Boy,” De La Hoya won a gold medal at the Barcelona Olympic Games shortly after graduating from James A.
Óscar Hernández (tennis): Óscar Hernández Pérez (born April 10, 1978 in Barcelona, Spain) is a former professional male tennis player from Spain.
Oscar Robertson: Oscar Palmer Robertson (born November 24, 1938), nicknamed “The Big O”, is a retired American National Basketball Association player who played for the Cincinnati Royals and Milwaukee Bucks.
Oscar in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Oscar in Arabic letters.
Oscar in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Oscar in Chinese letters.
Oscar in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Oscar in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Oscar in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Oscar in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Oscar meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name…